Your Session has been closely monitoring the Covid-19 pandemic and its effects on our community. At a called session meeting on August 4th, session voted to maintain our current Covid-19 Safety Plan, with a few minor adjustments, to continue providing the safest possible environment to our members and community. The Delta variant of the virus is causing a rapid increase in cases. Should the positivity rate in Dutchess County reach 5%, we will once again close to in-person worship and resume worship online to protect the health and safety of our most vulnerable members. As of this writing, the positivity rate is 3.35%. One month ago, the positivity rate was .5%. If this rate of increase continues, we anticipate a need to resume online worship within the month.
To review our protocols for worship services:
- All those attending worship must wear a mask/facial covering. Masks will be available if you forget yours. Masks must be worn over the mouth and nose. (Proper mask wearing is crucial, as the virus targets nasal tissues for transmission.)
- Enter the church using the ramp entrance only.
- A greeter will be present at the door to take attendance, ask Health Screening questions and take a temperature check for each person attending, so we know how many people are attending (capacity), as well as who is attending, for contact tracing purposes, should that become necessary.
- Please plan to arrive early, so that there is adequate time to screen all attendees before worship begins at 10 AM.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance; please wash your hands upon arrival.
- Worship will be held with appropriate seating marked off for social distancing.
- Worship will include music, but singing by the congregation is not permitted at this time. Humming is permitted. We will be using the large screen to view the bulletin (no paper copies) as we’ve been doing; hymnals and Bibles will be removed from the pews.
- Please place your offering in the plate before taking your seat.
- Restrooms will be open for use with distance markers in the hallway.
- No coffee hour will be held.
- Should you wish to meet with Pastor Margery on-site for pastoral care after the service, you must make an appointment ahead of time. Pastoral care meetings will take place either in the dining room downstairs or outdoors, to allow for appropriate distancing.
- Masks must be worn in the building at all times, until further notice.
As weary as we all are of these protocols, we must maintain our vigilance. We have unvaccinated members – some who choose not to be vaccinated and others (such as our youngest members) who are not eligible to be vaccinated. What affects one part of the body affects the whole. (see 1 Corinthians 12)
If you have questions or concerns, please call Pastor Margery or the church office at (845)297-2800. If you are not comfortable returning to church for worship, but would like pastoral care, please notify the church office.
Remember, wear your mask, adhere to social distancing (6 feet apart from one another) and let us care for one another in the ways required at this time.